Tuesday, February 1, 2011

When I survey the wondrous cross...

Leader: When I survey the wondrous cross, on which the Prince of Glory died,

People: my richest gain I count but loss, and pour contempt on all my pride.

Leader: God be praised for the wondrous cross, the tree of life,

People: which bears upon itself the scars and wounds of the world,

Leader: yet heals the sick, brings hope to the desperate and comforts the oppressed.

People: God be praised for the cross, which guides the lost, feeds the hungry, and shelters the poor;

Leader: inspires the anxious, illumines the wise, and challenges the fearless;

People: saves the condemned, and meets the need of every age and every land.

Everyone: God forbid that we should glory, except in the cross of Jesus Christ our Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment